Photograph credit: Public Domain Pictures

Caterers Got Backlashed After Finding Something Nasty In Their Meals

Primary school goers at India’s capital city, New Delhi have been hospitalized after a bizarre incident where a non-profit organization found something unusual in their food containers while serving.

Caterers found a lizard in their meal!

Yoikes! A non-profit organization(NPO) named after a freedom fighter, Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Dalit Uthan Samiti, serves lunch to 61 schools in India and in one such school, they served staple Indian food without knowing there was a lizard in one of its containers. After lunch, two girls, aged 12 and 14 were hospitalized and their school lodged a complaint against the food vendor.

Gif credit: Giphy

Complaints were raised about stomach aches

Both the girls complained to the school about feeling unwell and having stomach aches after the lunch. The school was quick to take them to the hospital while the non-profit organization discovered there was a lizard present in a container used for serving. Even trouble is an understatement for them because the Deputy Chief Minister of the capital city visited the school and terminated their contract to cater food.

Luckily the students are fine

Phew! Delhi’s Deputy Chief Minister took to Twitter to clarify the duo’s situation after the lunch incident, saying “Two of them were hospitalized and are fine now”. Yet, the dispute remaining is about the future of the non-profit food vendor, depending on a statement from the doctors. The incident has put the issue of quality control into the picture.

Gif credit: Giphy

Quality control problems have happened for the NPO before

Not only this lizard incident but according to The Indian Express, the food vendors were backlashed four years ago when 12 students from a school were hospitalized after having lunch. The enquiries are still pending. Also, quality control in India has been problematic for businesses too. Three years ago, the f&b industry was stunned when Indian inspectors ordered for a ban on the iconic Maggi noodles by Nesle, finding that their noodles had excessive lead content.

Facebook Comments