Concerts and events in Dubai have officially been given the green light by the Dubai Government from August 3 onwards.
Both indoor and outdoor events are now permitted to take place across Dubai. But as you can imagine, there are a wide range of regulations that must be strictly observed.
And one of the first Dubai events we’re looking forward to is Jimmy Carr’s two nights in Dubai!
New event regulations
The strict health and safety measures are essential to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- There must be 2 metres social distancing between people whether standing or seating
- There must be two spare seats between a group of people or individuals
- Social distancing markers should tell you where to stand and queue
- Entry times should be staggered to avoid crowds
- Staff and ushers must wear masks at all times
- Venues must be cleaned at the end of each event and at the end of the day.
- Plus, venues must be cleaned and sanitised every 30 minutes for events of more than 25 people and every hour for events under 25 people.
- Performers can only remove their mask if they are at least 4m from the crowd.
Weddings back on, but no nightclubs
The government released a full list of concerts and events that can now take place in Dubai…
- Exhibitions – including tents
- Award ceremonies
- Indoor sports
- Product launches and brand sales
- Temporary structures
But nightclubs are still to remain closed.
Stay up to date with the latest news from across the region with our DubaiLAD page here.