There’s a great deal of hype surrounding the Abu Dhabi Showdown Week and if you’re heading to the capital this week, here’s what you need to know about events, parking, shuttle bus services and using ride-hailing apps.
- While planning your journeys to Yas Island, ticket-holders are advised to allocate contingency time based on their expected arrival time. Organisers recommend adding an additional 60 minutes to the anticipated travel time to factor in variables such as traffic, parking, shuttle bus journeys and entry to The Arena.
- Gates Open:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: 6:00pm
- UFC 242 Weigh-In: 3:00pm
- UFC 242: 5.15pm
- The UFC Fan Experience is open on Friday and Saturday for ticket-holders only.
- There is an extensive F&B offering on-site. No outside food or drink will be permitted.
- There are no storage facilities or cloakrooms on-site for ticket-holders at The Arena.
- Large bags will not be admitted into The Arena.
- The Arena will be set to a temperature of 24 degrees Celsius. If ticket-holders are concerned about feeling chilly, it is advisable to bring an extra layer of clothing.
- There will be an ATM at the UFC Fan Experience adjacent to The Arena.
- The Arena is a non-smoking venue, this includes the use of e-cigarettes and / or vapes. There are designated smoking areas outside The Arena.
“There is no general parking at The Arena. Ticket-holders for events at The Arena should follow signage to the allocated parking sites on Yas Island. Shuttle bus services will transport ticket-holders between the remote parking sites and The Arena – only ticket-holders will be granted entry to shuttle bus services. The estimated shuttle bus journey time to The Arena is 6-8 minutes. Shuttle bus services commence at 3:00pm from September 4 -7. VIP ticket-holders have designated parking on-site at The Arena.”
Photograph credit: Wikimedia Commons
“Taxis have access to drop ticket-holders directly outside The Arena.”
“Ticket-holders can use the code ‘ADSW19’ to avail a 40% discount on travel to and from The Arena, up to a maximum of AED 40 per journey and capped at two trips.”
How to reach The Arena
The purpose-built venue, playing host to UFC 242 can be found on Google Maps by entering ‘THE ARENA’, located on Al Maha Street, Yas Island.
The organizers suggest heading to The Arena well in advance because it could take an hour in time travel considering parking, traffic and shuttle bus journeys and ticketholders are arrived to arrive at the venue at least an hour before the event begins.
Are you heading down to the Abu Dhabi Showdown Week?