The World’s Ultimate Strongman – Beasts in The Middle East is coming back to Dubai this month in what is tipped to be another amazing competition. We’ve rounded up all the need-to-know details so that you’re fully prepared for the event in October.
‘The Mountain’ is back
On Friday 25th October, we will see last year’s champion and Game of Thrones star, Thor Bjornsson return. Also known as The Mountain (for obvious reasons), the popular strongman will be making an appearance at the event this year, with meet and greet opportunities for fans. Here he is seen training in Dubai last year ahead of the competition.
What can you expect this year?
Aside from a bunch of ridiculously strong men taking on even more ridiculously tough challenges, there’s lots to see and do at the one day festival.
A family friendly event, the World’s Ultimate Strongman has endless entertainment and activities on offer. Entertainment comes in all forms, starting with a gladiator opening ceremony! Here are some clips of just a few of the things you can enjoy on the day:
Mini strongman zone (may as well start them young, eh?)
Black Eagles Harley Davidson parade
There’s plenty more too, including:
- Muscle Car Show at the entrance
- Vendor and Merchandise area
- Hot air Balloon
- Mini Strongman area with vintage Land Rover pull challenge
- Bench Bash
- UFC Gym experience (Interactive
- Glitter and face-painting
- 8 meter high bag jump
- Rock wall climbing
- Mini Obstacle course
- Double Wipe Out
- Showbox (Mini rugby mini baseball etc)
- Test your golf drive
- DXB Allstarz street performers
- Live Bands
That’s a fairly long list and I’ve not even mentioned everything. You can guarantee that there’s something to keep everyone busy on this packed day out.
Of course, a festival is not a festival without great food and this one is not short of options. You can grab a bite to eat at the Food Truck area or get involved in a brunch, classic Dubai style.
VIP brunch packages will include a four hour brunch AND tickets to the entire day.
The family friendly, four hour long brunch, will take place in the iconic Meydan Hotel. You” have access to a luxurious buffet of wide ranging cuisines from around the world. Expert chefs will also be cooking at live stations, whipping up some of your chosen dishes on demand.
After savoring the wonderful food on offer and enjoying the drinks included, you’ll be able to head over to the the World’s Ultimate Strongman arena to continue a fun-filled day out. Kids and adults alike will be thoroughly entertained with the endless activities, displays and or course, the competition itself.
Prices start from AED 745 and tickets are available here.
Get your competition tickets
We’re running an amazing competition where you could win tickets to the event, check it out here. It closes tomorrow 9th October so be quick!
Otherwise, tickets start from Dhs 195 for general admission. But if you want something special, there are VIP options which give you the chance to enjoy some exciting extras:
- A VIP ticket costs Dhs 745, with parking, entrance, seating, unlimited food and drinks for four hours and meet and greet opportunities with the stars.
- A VVIP single ticket costs Dhs 1,495 offering all the VIP services as well as a one-night stay at The Meydan Hotel that night (Friday, 25th October) and after-party access.
- An Ultra VIP Single is available for Dhs 2,090 inclusive of all the VIP offerings in addition to after-party access, a two-night stay at The Meydan Hotel (Thursday, 24th-Saturday, 26th October) and breakfast with the athletes.
To get your tickets, click here.
Kids under 12 enter for free with every paying parent.
International travel packages are available too. Get them here.