Lucky Voice 21.09-22.01 [970×90]
JW Marquis Positano 20.09 – 28.10 [720×90]
UFC – Free Pass 728×90
LadiesNight.ae [728×90]

Get ready for a month of fitness as Sheikh Hamdan‘s Dubai Fitness Challenge (DFC) is back for its second edition and it’s going to be a month full of free sports and wellbeing activities.

Second edition to start this October

Looks like the upcoming edition is going to be bigger than ever! The DFC team promises they’re bringing “more excitement and entertainment” from 19th October till 17th November and the challenge is really simple: Exercise for 30 minutes daily for 30 days. The aim is to get residents involved in the movement, they’ve got numerous fitness classes daily and you can view class listings on their app.

Photograph credit: Facebook/Dubai Fitness Challenge

First edition witnessed 786,000 registered participants

Hopes were that the last challenge would entice at least 100,000 residents to participate in the challenge. However, after a citywide appeal, the challenge was accepted by 786,000 residents! In fact, the challenge was accepted by residents in other Emirates too. Statistics showed that 81% of participants were from Dubai and the rest 19% from other Emirates.

Photograph credit: Facebook/Dubai Fitness Challenge

2.5 billion moves in 30 days

With the aid of free fitness classes and training & fitness carnivals on weekends, the challenge received an engagement of 2.5 billion moves in a month. Although the target was to complete 30 minutes of activity, 31% of participants went on to take their fitness game one notch higher and worked out 60 minutes or more, 59% of participants achieved the target by working out for more than 30 minutes. In total, 90% of participants achieved the 30×30 goal.

Photograph credit: Facebook/Dubai Fitness Challenge

Gov games also launched after DFC success

Followed by the success of Dubai Fitness Challenge, Dubai’s Crown Prince, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum launched Gov Games, a sporting event for government employees from authorities and ministries to battle it out across a range of obstacles, promoting team spirit and testing mental and physical stamina.

Photograph credit: Gov Games

Facebook Comments